The DF Series of high flow material conveying vacuum generators provide a simple, reliable and cost effective method of in-line transfer of bulk materials, complex shapes, individual objects, selvedge.
The DF generator's unique capability to create instantaneous vacuum flow and high air velocity, combined with its straight-through, smooth bore design allows material to pass directly through the generator at high speeds without interference or clogging.
Simply regulate the input pressure to adjust and control the transfer speed. For maximum efficiency, the compact design allows close placement to the work area. DF Series material conveying generators are made of anodized aluminum and available in 17 standard models with inside diameters from 1/8" [6mm] to 4" [100mm].
Sizing the correct DF material transfer generator should take into account the material density, particle size, transfer rate required (kg/min), elevation and length of transfer line. For application assistance, please contact Vaccon Technical Support
, or download the DF Series Application Installation Examples
for application examples and typical configurations. Customers can send product samples to Vaccon to test at our in-house test facility where we will size the correct DF generator and send a video of the results.
Modified versions of the DF Series Material Conveying generators for specific applications are available. The DF 25-12-110-RI Aggregate Conveying generator is ideal for spraying dry and abrasive materials such as mineral fragments, stone dust, metal filings and ceramics.The DF 5-6-FD-ST8B Liquid Conveying generator can be used for field and mobile cleanup of liquids. Click on the links below for more information.
Need a crossover for a competitor's product? Call Vaccon for help in choosing an equivalent model. Configure / Purchase
Features & Benefits
- Application versatility
- Efficient – instant on and off, low operating costs
- Fast response – installs close to vacuum point
- Easy to install – simply connect tubing to the vacuum and exhaust ports, and supply compressed air
- Safe operation – no electricity needed at the generator
- Reliable & durable – operates trouble-free:
- Ideal for adverse operating conditions
- Straight-through design, non-clogging
- No moving parts to wear or clog
- No flap valves to stick open
- No maintenance
• Granulated Plastics
• Dry Powders
• Ball Bearings
• Paper Strips
• Wood Chips
• Molded Items
• Game Pieces
• Food Products
• Pharmaceutical Products
• Chip Removal in
• Caustic or Hazardous Materials
• Pens And Pen Caps
• Bottle Caps
• Pills, Tablets
• Electronic Components
• Packaged Products
• Spark Plugs
• Engine Valves
• Golf Balls
Trim, Selvedge & Fiber Collection:
• Transfer Selvedge from
• Wind, Unwind, Manage
• Waste Removal for Manual
and Automatic Operations
• Assists Central Collection
- Internal and external threaded exhaust and/or vacuum ports. Please see Custom section below.
- G port threads for metric machines – an “I” prefix designates products with metric threads
- Teflon™ or hardcoat anodizing. Please see Custom section below.
- For chemical compatibility, heat and environmental requirements, food and medical applications, custom materials, special coatings and modified threads are available.
DF Series Material Conveying Generator Standard Specification
||Filtered (50 micron) un-lubricated, non-corrosive dry gases
||-100° to ~400°F [-73° to ~204°C]
||Input pressure of 40 PSI [ ] or less is sufficient to move most bulk materials and individual objects
||Regulate the supply to develop the necessary transfer speed for your application
DF Series Material Conveying Generator Operating and Installation Requirements
The -3 versions of the DF Series generators from DF 3-3 through DF 20-3 are no longer a stocked item. Consult the factory for availability.
To achieve equivalent performance of a -3 generator, simply regulate the air supply pressure down to approximately 40 PSI with the equivalent -6 model. For example, to achieve the performance of a DF 7-3, use a DF 7-6 with an air supply pressure of 40 PSI.
A copy of this table may be downloaded with the DF Series Operating and Installation Instructions.
- Custom threaded ends are available. For more details, download the DF Series Custom Threaded End Information PDF.
Please note, DF units with threaded ends are custom, and therefore not returnable.
- Male and female threads can be ordered on opposite ends of the same generator, i.e. DF 5-6-TV50/MTE50.
- Tubing sizes specified in inner diameter (I.D.), based on polyethylene / polyurethane tubing with 1/16” [1.5 mm] wall thickness.
- Vaccon discourages the use of quick disconnect fittings on all connections.
Important Safety Note: When conveyng materials through plastic transfer lines, you must ground the transfer lines to dissipate the static charge that develops from the friction of the air and material flowing over the transfer line surface.
^ Back to Top
Dimensional data for the DF Series Material Conveying Vacuum Generator is presented in 2D drawings, with all critical dimensions and port thread sizes displayed. Both imperial and metric units are included.
DF Series Dimensional Data
^ Back to Top
Performance data for the DF Series Material Conveying Vacuum Generator is displayed, listing air consumption, vacuum flow at various vacuum levels, and evacuation times (for 1 cu. ft. or 1 L volumes). Data is presented in tabular and graphed formats, in both imperial and metric units.
DF Series Performance Data
^ Back to Top
Vaccon’s DF Material Conveying Vacuum Generators are available in custom materials, sizes, shapes, mounting options and end connections to suit specific requirements or manufacturing environments, such as food processing, semiconductor or pharmaceutical manufacturing. Vaccon VDF Series generators are available in brass, stainless steel (303, 304, 316, 316L), PVC, Teflon™, PEEK and Delrin® (Acetal). Special anodizing is available - Teflon, hardcoat, hard anodizing, etc. For custom materials, anodiziong and end connections (threads), please consult the factory.
||DF Series Custom Information
||DF Series Custom
Threaded End Information
^ Back to Top