The JS-40UM (Ultra-Mini) cylindrical venturi vacuum pump is the smallest complete venturi vacuum pump that Vaccon offers. Incredibly compact and powerful – it measures the size of your finger tip and generates up to 27”Hg [914mbar]. Lightweight, quiet and cool operating, JS-40UM pumps are ideal for confined spaces, where they can be mounted in-line near the point of use for rapid response.
The single-stage design allows ingested contaminants to flow through the pump without clogging ensuring continuous operation. Constructed of a single material, with no seals or moving parts, J Series pumps are virtually indestructible. They can be manufactured in a variety of materials, making them ideal for use in adverse operating conditions. J Series pumps provide a constant vacuum flow, rather than a fluctuating flow typically associated with diaphragm pumps. They operate with an instantaneous response in pulsed applications or on a continuous basis.
The JS-40UM pump is used in the Vacuum Pencil KIt
for benchtop pick and place operations of small objects.
The JS-40UM pumps are available in a pink color to support breast cancer research. For more details, click here
. To order a pink J series pump
add in the Comments box at checkout.
Need a crossover for a competitor's product? Call Vaccon for help in choosing an equivalent model. Configure / Purchase
Features & Benefits
- High performance - powerful vacuum up to 27”Hg [914mbar]
- Lightweight – less than 1 oz. [28.3g]
- Compact – 1.25” x .56”OD [31.75mm x 14.22 mm OD]
- Input pressure from 5 PSI [0.34 bar]
- Fast response – Mounts in-line, and installs close to vacuum point – no delay due to long plumbing lines
- Efficient – Minimal air consumption, provides instantaneous vacuum as needed
- Safe operation – No electricity needed Reliable – operates trouble-free:
- No moving parts to wear or clog
- No flap valves to stick open
- No maintenance, no downtime
- Gas sampling and analysis
- Leak testing
- Portion/ drip control (suck-back) for dispensing liquids
- Liquid transfer
- Pick & place for small, non-porous parts
- Small vessel evacuation
- Used as vacuum source for Vacuum Pencil Kit
- Optional Silencer: VCF2-1032M
- Choice of operating pressures to meet machine and factory air supply 80 PSI [5.5 bar] standard, 60 PSI [4.1 bar] optional
- G port threads for metric machines – an “I” prefix designates products with metric threads
- For chemical compatibility requirements, high temperature, food, medical and caustic applications, custom materials are available including stainless steel, PEEK, Delrin,™ Teflon,™ PVC.
JS-40UM Pump Standard Specifications
JS-40UM Operating and Installation Requirements
||Anodized Aluminum , Silencer material -- Brass
||Filtered (50 micron) un-lubricated, non-corrosive dry gases
||-100° to ~400°F [-73° to ~204°C] (without silencer)
||80 PSI [5.5 bar] or 60 PSI [4.1 bar] – Consult Factory for other operating pressures
|Vacuum and Supply Line:
||5/32” O.D. [4mm] tube, 1/4” O.D. tube preferred for supply lines exceeding 3’ [1M]
|Vacuum Line Filtration:
^ Back to Top
Dimensional data for the JS-40UM Ultra-miniature Cylindrical Venturi Vacuum Pump is presented in 2D drawings, with all critical dimensions and port thread sizes displayed. Both imperial and metric units are included.
JS-40UM Series Dimensional Data
^ Back to Top
Performance data for the JS-40UM Ultra-miniature Cylindrical Venturi Vacuum Pump is displayed, listing air consumption, vacuum flow at various vacuum levels, and evacuation times (for 1 cu. ft. or 1 L volumes). Data is presented in tabular and graphed formats, in both imperial and metric units.
JS-40UM Performance Data
^ Back to Top
Vaccon’s J Series cylindrical venturi vacuum pumps are available in custom materials, sizes, shapes and connections to suit specific requirements or manufacturing environments, such as food processing, semiconductor or pharmaceutical manufacturing. Vaccon cartridges are available in brass, stainless steel (303, 304, 316, 316L), PVC, Teflon™, PEEK and Delrin® (Acetal). Please consult the factory.
Examples of custom J Series pumps and applications
Custom J Series Catalog Pages
^ Back to Top